Friday, March 26, 2010

Warhammer Online & Torchlight - First Impressions




So, I downloaded the Warhammer Online Endless Trial, and played it quite a bit over the past few days.

My initial thoughts are: WoW Clone. Let's not kid ourselves here, it's WoW, but with good PvP and mediocre PvE. That really sums up most of my opinion of the game so far. Don't get me wrong, it's a good enough game, and I plan to pick up a copy soon, but it really is just a WoW clone. So here's some of my thoughts on the game so far:

- Male High Elves are really freaking ugly. So ugly in fact, that I broke my "Only play male characters" rule to try out the High Elf classes. Now I have a dilemma since I really liked Shadow Hunter, the High Elf archer class.

- The PvP actually feels epic and fun in this, something WoW could never manage. PvP in wow was, and still is, terrible.

- Public quests are awesome.

- Different classes for each race is awesome.

- Why is the game only $15 on Steam? I don't know, but I'm not complaining.



This weekend's deal on Steam is Torchlight, a fun dungeon crawler game, so I picked that up.

- 1 Player games are fun, because you can be imba, and it's ok.

- Sending your pet back to vendor stuff is awesome.

- Alchemist is awesome.

- PEW PEW LAZERZZZZZ

- And then, BOOM, enemies get all 'splodey.

- I'm really tired and ending this post now, mmk? Mmk.

1 comment: