Sunday, October 17, 2010

Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve A Whole Blog Post



Oh man, Glee has been really REALLY good this season. I am confident when I say that they have improved upon every way I wanted them to improve upon from season one. They're focusing more on the kids, and less on the adults. Which was my biggest complaint from season one. The covers have all been really good... Well maybe not the Britney Spears episode, but otherwise awesome. They've been doing lots of covers, and the humor has been spot on. Honestly this is proof to me that the Glee showmakers have learned what did and didn't work from the first season and improved upon it. Which is good. If they keep it up, it could become one of the best shows on TV.

* * *



The DC Animated movies they've been making lately based on graphic novels are soooo good. Also, Adam Baldwin was incredible as Superman in Superman: Doomsday, I had no idea it was him until I saw his name in the credits. He just dissolved into the role. Quite a feat considering...



* * *


TV Tropes will ruin my life.


That said I think it is a great site and anyone who's serious about writing could learn a thing or two just by browsing the site for a few days. The only problem is that the site would cause you to browse the site for a few days... Without sleeping.

* * *

AH! Fallout: New Vegas! I need this! Ah! Gotham Central: Book Two! I need this! Ah! Cataclysm Collector's Edition! I need this! Ah! More money! I need this!

* * *



Ho. Ly. Crap. That is in my opinion the best cinematic Blizzard has done. It's... Really really good. Just... Really really good.

* * *

I wish this blog got more hits. Leh sigh.

* * *

I never finished playing Assassin's Creed 2... Even though it was really good. I should really pick that up again. It was a LOT better than the first game. Although that's not to say it didn't have a few... Issues. Still, a great game. I never finished Borderlands either, and that was really good too.

* * *

The book I'm writing, which I spoke of previously has been coming along quite nicely. I've written the entire rough draft (About 28,000 words.) And now I've rewritten the first three chapters. Ideally, I'd like to have the whole second draft completed by the end of November. Realistically, I'll probably have the whole second draft completed by New Years.

* * *

I've been playing quite a bit of WoW lately, getting back into raiding. Working on getting the Glory of the Ulduar Raider (10 Player) achievement, and the mount. Still have Hodir, Freya, Mimiron, Vezax, and Yogg hard modes to do. I'll probably end up doing a whole post about 4.0.1 soonish.

* * *

I can't decide if I should get Civ V or not. On the one hand, I loved Civ III, but I haven't played one since then. Eh, I'll probably get it when the price drops a bit.

* * *

I really need to watch Fringe. I've heard only good things about it, and the first 6 or so episodes were awesome, but I haven't seen any since then.

* * *

No Ordinary Family is one of the best new shows this season. It's exactly what I wanted it to be. The Incredibles, the TV series, in everything but name. It's got a similar charm and sense of humor, mind you The Incredibles is still far superior, but it's pretty darn fun. I quite like it.

* * *

Good grief. When did Bill Murray get so... Old? Seriously! He's 60 now?! And he doesn't look very good for 60 either.



I mean seriously. He looks ABSURDLY old in that picture. Wasn't he in Zombieland just a year ago? I swear he didn't look this old in that, and he played a zombie.

...Ok to be specific he played Bill Murray PRETENDING to be a zombie, but STILL!

* * *

Am I the only one who glad they're just dropping the concept of The Doctor having finite regenerations? I'd rather they pretend they never said he could only have 13 than waste a whole season with him moping around, only to die, and then get more through the power of zaptronic-wibbly-wobbly-deus-ex-plot-coupons.

* * *


Really? Really? I wrote a whole bunch more to this post and Blogger deleted it. Ugh. Ah well, I'll just wrap this up now because I could continue rambling for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment